The village is located in the Ebro Valley, 44 km from Saragossa, at the confluence of the rivers Aguasvivas and Huerva. On 30 March 1746, Francisco de Goya, the genius of painting, was born in this city and lived here for the first six years of his childhood. Unfortunately, the Spanish Civil War destroyed Goya’s two most precious testimonies in Fuendetodos: the paintings made in the reliquary of the parish church and in his birth house, which was partially destroyed and plundered in 1946 and restored years later. The building, built at the beginning of the 18th century, has all the characteristics of a farmhouse. Inside, it recreates what rural dwellings looked like at the time the artist lived, and is furnished with furniture and furnishings from the period, paintings and graphic documentation.
A few metres away, we find the Museo del Grabado, the Museum of Etchings and Engravings, which exhibits a selection of his graphic works. Guests can also visit the Zuloaga exhibition hall.
Also of interest are the “neveras“, 18th century constructions in which snow was stored and turned into ice to furnish Saragossa with supplies. Fuendetodos also has a network of more than 100 kilometres of trails and the Fuendeverde Nature Centre, for discovering its natural surroundings.